- the effective and efficient running of the committee, ensuring tasks are done or delegated.
- Planning and chairing meetings
- with the Committee members planning and organising a range of fundraising and social events
- liaising with Head teacher/school re the spending of funds
- with secretary, ensuring regular information goes to all parents.
- endeavouring to gain active support from a large number of parents and teachers for “friends” activities and events.
- provision of annual report
- sharing of responsibilities with the Chairperson
- Chairing meetings in the absence of the Chairperson
- all financial aspects of the “friends” including
- provision of financial reports and accounts
- provision of floats for activities
- money counting, payment against receipts and banking after activities
- ensuring bank account management
- paying money out to school as agreed by committee
- ensuring regular information goes out to members (all parents)
- writing and distributing minutes of meetings
- events posters
- research possible new fundraising ideas
- researching and applying for grants
- sending letters to local businesses requesting donations for the summer and winter draw.